About Coastal Hospice
- Most Coastal Hospice patients are cared for in their own homes.
- Hospice cares for any patient with a life-limiting illness (not just cancer).
- Hospice care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance.
- We put the patient's needs and goals first - without regard for ability to pay.
- Each patient has a team of caregivers, including the family doctor.
- Hospice care includes medications and supplies.
- Doctors and families tell us their only regret is not calling Coastal Hospice sooner.
Can Coastal Hospice help?
6 questions to ask yourself
- Has the person you're concerned about visited the emergency room or hospital more than once in the past 6 months?
- Has this person made more than one late-night or weekend call to the doctor?
- Is this person ever too sick to keep doctors' appointments?
- Has this person stopped improving with medical treatments?
- Has this person suffered from one or more complications? (For example, pneumonia, weight loss, or skin ulcers?)
- Does this person need help to bathe, dress or eat?
If your answer to more than one of these questions is "Yes," Coastal Hospice can help.
410-742-8732 or 800-780-7886
Call us. We'll come to you.
VideosReal Life Stories About Coastal Hospice Told By Your Lower Shore Neighbors
Coastal Hospice is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that relies on charitable support to provide its programs and services.