Our Provider & Community Relations team welcomes the opportunity to speak to local community groups about the many issues and concerns all individuals and families will face as they help their loved ones prepare for their final months of life.
An Educational Resource for Our Community
The Coastal Hospice Speakers Bureau is available for speaking opportunities at your next community event, staff meeting or any other gathering. Our team can speak on a number of topics, including but not limited to:
- What is hospice?
- The 10 hospice myths
- Living well at the end of life
- Pain and symptom management at the end of life
- Knowing when it’s time for hospice care
- Therapies in the hospice setting
- Support For Families and Friends
Caring for the entire family
- How to talk to/support dying patients and their families
- Stress management for caregivers
- Spirituality in end-of-life care
- How to discuss end-of-life issues with your family
- Understanding advance directives
- Community resources for terminally ill patients and their families
Grief and Loss
- Understanding grief
- Life after loss
- How to help someone who is grieving
- Helping children and teens cope with loss
- Coping with sudden loss
- Coping with grief during the holidays
Hospice in the Community
- Ethics in end-of-life care
- Careers in hospice care
- Hospice education for students in the medical field
Each month a staff member speaks on a Coastal Hospice topic during a Facebook Live broadcast. All of the videos are on our Facebook page to view after the broadcast.
Request a Speaker for Your Community Group
We have a wide range of service offerings to fit your specific needs. Learn more about all of the programs we offer.
You have questions? We have answers! Start here to learn more.
Our volunteers are critical to providing excellent care. Interested in making a difference? Find out more today.
Have a question for Coastal Hospice? We are here to help. Visit our contact page to reach out to us and get your questions answered by our staff.