The Macky & Pam Stansell House is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and compassionate place for hospice patients who cannot safely manage their care at home. Located on the Isle of Wight Bay in Ocean Pines, Maryland, the residence provides the dignity of hospice care with the comforts of home.
Stansell House Amenities:
- 12 individual, private patient rooms
- Space for family and loved ones to gather, meet and dine together
- Scenic views of Isle of Wight Bay
- Meditation room
- Labyrinth meditation garden
- Community room
- Library stocked with resources for families
- Porch and veranda with rocking chairs
Virtual Tour and Videos
Current Coastal Hospice homecare patients will receive priority for admission, but a patient need not be in our care at the time of need to be eligible. All patients will be evaluated for admission according to the following eligibility criteria:
- They are eligible for and elect the hospice benefit
- They are in the final stages of a life threatening, progressive or terminal illness with a limited, poor prognosis, but their medical needs a relatively low in complexity
- Their (or their legal caregiver’s) primary goal is to offer comfort at the end of life
- They demonstrate progressive functional decline and declining palliative performance scale
- They are unable to manage and remain at home for reasons such as:
– They live alone without adequate care-giving support
– Their care needs exceed the ability of the patient’s caregivers
– The patient (and/or family) do not want death to occur at home
Stansell House is not able to admit patients:
- Who pose (or whose family poses) an active risk of violence or harm to self/others
- Whose symptoms require round the clock skilled nursing care
Whose weight is in excess of 350 pounds and/or are over 6’7”
Stansell House pledges to review each admission application on a case-by-case basis and reserves the right to deny admission if the above criteria are not met or if there are safety concerns. If a resident’s status at Stansell House changes and prognosis is extended for an indeterminate length of time, staff will assist the patient/family in finding an alternate living arrangement, either at home or a nursing facility.
You have questions? We have answers! Start here to learn more.
Learn more about our organization, staff and our 40 years of serving the Lower Maryland Eastern Shore.
If you or someone you love needs care, click here. We would be honored to help.
Honor or remember someone you love and respect through one or more of our many donor programs and help support those who need it most.