Advanced Cardiac Care Program
A Coastal Hospice program focused on providing patients with advance cardiac disease and their families the appropriate care and support.
At Coastal Hospice, we want to make sure that patients with advance cardiac disease and their families receive care and support. By managing symptoms and incorporating self-care techniques, our team can keep you out of the hospital or emergency room and provide your care in the comfort of your own home.
Managing symptoms you experience most:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Swelling in your arms, legs or abdomen due to fluid build-up
- Feeling tired
- Persistent cough or congestion
- Loss of appetite or nausea
- Anxiety or restlessness
How do I know if this program is right for me?
If you have had frequent hospitalizations, are on optimal doses of your heart medications and continue to have symptoms, it may be time to learn more about hospice.
How is this program different from other hospice services?
To be eligible for this program, you must meet eligibility for hospice care (a diagnosis of a serious, terminal illness with a life expectancy of six months or less). The Coastal Hospice Advanced Cardiac Care program provides additional benefits such as:
- Frequent contact by a nurse who has received specialized training to evaluate and manage cardiac symptoms.
- Being part of a care team that includes home visits by a Nurse Practitioner with specialized cardiac training.
- Medication to effectively manage your symptoms so you can continue to do the things you enjoy.
- Specialized cardiac protocols to monitor changes and prevent symptoms from getting worse.
- Additional supportive care from Chaplains, Social Workers, Certified Nursing Assistants, and Volunteers.
How can I learn more?
Call 410-742-7878 or ask your provider about contacting Coastal Hospice.
All patients enrolled in the Advanced Cardiac Care Program will receive the Patient and Caregiver Handbook below that contains the best standards of care for end stage heart failure.
Advanced Cardiac Care Patient Guide
We have a wide range of service offerings to fit your specific needs. Learn more about all of the programs we offer.
You have questions? We have answers! Start here to learn more.
Our volunteers are critical to providing excellent care. Interested in making a difference? Find out more today.
Have a question for Coastal Hospice? We are here to help. Visit our contact page to reach out to us and get your questions answered by our staff.