Coastal Hospice provides home hospice care wherever you call home; whether it’s your home or the home of a family member, or an assisted living or nursing facility. Our hospice team members visit often, as determined by your unique needs.
How the Hospice Team Helps.
- Our doctors work with your own doctor or specialist to manage care and make house calls as needed
- Registered nurses skillfully gauge how you’re doing, coordinate your care with your doctor and the hospice team and teach your loved ones how to care for you
- Certified hospice aides help you with bathing, dressing, light housekeeping and other necessities
- Social workers provide family counseling, advanced care planning and connections to other resources
- Hospice chaplains provide non-denominational spiritual guidance and emotional support for the whole family
- Trained volunteers offer friendship and comfort
- Physical and occupational therapists help you maintain function and find ways to engage in life
- Medical equipment, oxygen and supplies are delivered right to your door
Stories of Dignity
“Every Sunday, I’m able to go to church and out to lunch. Without home hospice care, I wouldn’t be able to go out of the house.”
– Judy Waring, Former Patient
“At age 93, my husband had been in the hospital too many times and wanted to be at home. At first, our children were reluctant to call in hospice, but the Coastal Hospice nurse explained that hospice didn’t mean the end is near, but it’s about living. Home hospice care was such a help to us.”
– June Todd, Wife of a Former Patient
“When the nurse came in for our intake interview and said, ‘This isn’t about dying; this is about living’, that got me. Nobody else said that.”
– Clyde Adams, former patient with wife Tina
Call Us. We’ll Come to You.
Our home hospice team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to address your concerns and symptoms.
We partner with every skilled nursing facility and assisted living facility in the four-county area that we serve to provide hospice care. We work with staff to coordinate the same level of care we offer in private homes.
You have questions? We have answers! Start here to learn more.
Learn more about our organization, staff and our 40 years of serving the Lower Maryland Eastern Shore.
If you or someone you love needs care, click here. We would be honored to help.
Honor or remember someone you love and respect through one or more of our many donor programs and help support those who need it most.