Survivor Outreach Bereavement Services
Survivor Outreach Bereavement Services (SOBS) is a FREE program by Coastal Hospice, focused on providing grief support and resources to families and friends after a substance related death, whether or not you were supported by Coastal Hospice directly.
FREE Grief Counseling after a Substance Related Death
Coastal Hospice Bereavement Counselors are available to provide:
- Up to 3-sessions of private grief counseling
- Grief support groups
- Information about ongoing support and resources
- Referrals to treatment, recovery, and/or harm reduction resources
- Referrals to long-term peer-based, local grief support
- Follow up with the family to coordinate support and resources
- Compassion fatigue and sensitivity training
- Mental health provider education
Supported by the Opioid Operational Command Center. The views presented here are those of the grantee organization and not necessarily those of the OOCC, its Executive Director, or its staff.
This program is made possible by The Maryland Opioid Operational Command Center in partnership with Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester Counties’ Health Departments.
We have a wide range of service offerings to fit your specific needs. Learn more about all of the programs we offer.
You have questions? We have answers! Start here to learn more.
Our volunteers are critical to providing excellent care. Interested in making a difference? Find out more today.
Have a question for Coastal Hospice? We are here to help. Visit our contact page to reach out to us and get your questions answered by our staff.